Are you currently working to close the health gap through your own research, project, or initiative? Join the Close the Health Gap Grand Challenge. Please contact us using the form below if you would like to join the initiative, and the Grand Challenge network.
Other ways to get involved:
- Participate in one of our workgroups: we will notify you of meetings and events and provide updates on the initiative.
- Population Health in Communities and Settings workgroup
- Strengthening Health Care Systems workgroup
- Reducing and Preventing Alcohol Misuse workgroup
- Participate in the SSWR special interest group on American Indian, Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian and Global Indigenous Populations–contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit work to the SSWR cluster on American Indian, Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian and Global Indigenous Populations, Health, Substance Misuse and Addictive Behaviors.
- Submit work to the CSWE track on Addiction or Health
- Lobby at your home institutions for greater inclusion of alcohol-related content in the social work curriculum and in-service training programs (the topic is over-looked in the response to the “opiate crisis” and other substances of abuse)
- Participate in the Research Society on Alcoholism (RSoA) Social Work Group: contact email@example.com
- Participate in the SSWR special interest group on Addictive Behaviors and Substance Misuse: contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Also, please specify if you would like to be an institutional/organizational sponsor by hosting or co-sponsoring and event.